Monday 29 September 2008

A little celebration

Success...last night I finally fished  the first transcription phase of my research.  This does not mean that there will not be anymore transcriptions but the bulk has been done.   This process has seemed to have gone on for years in reality it has taken me two months which in itself seems life-time--an incredible amount time but it  does include the summer holidays where not as much work as I would have liked got done!  

My new phase today, is to learn Nvivo 8 so anyone with advice on how best to use it please let me know.    It has been during the past 2 months that you realise that a PhD is not about being a genius, rather it is about slog and hard work.  The old adage comes to mind: "99% perspiration and 1% inspiration" is such a axiomatic truth. 

No comments: