Saturday 14 June 2008

Hard to Reach Parents

Ok, Friday 13th June, 11.15am  this should be the time  that I interview one of my first hard to reach parents and my first DNA.  I have two booked today through the community team working with parents.     Saying that as I type a text has come through from my parent saying that she can't make the appointment.  The glimmer of hope for me is that she has asked me to call her back next week.   That said, I think that I need to start thinking creatively about how I approach those parents who have chaotic lifestyle, and even unlike the parent that I am meeting to day are not plugged into any community.  How do I do this?    One possibility may be to select a couple of geographic areas, and approach the community organisations and re-approach the schools and centre my focus there?     Possible sources of help of gate keepers:

  • Community churches
  • Refuges & Charities
  • Youth Groups
  • Mums and tots
  • Heath Visitors

No comments: