Wednesday 9 May 2007

Taking stock

I finally managed to make myself sit down and spend time collecting my thoughts and putting them down on paper. Why is this beneficial, task so difficult to do? The ‘How to books’ mentioned previously, have been very useful in that they have helped highlighting the kinds of things I should be thinking about in my first 3-6 months. Two such examples: (a) I spent time completeing a training needs analysis (TNA); (b) I drew up an agenda for my next meeting with my director of studies. I then started to think about pulling together in a systematic, and idiot proof way, a bibliography of works that I need to obtain. I am using EndNote, and I am beginning to find out that it can be a little fiddly to use. I should get myself on a training course, something to add to my TNA.

No comments: